A quiet classroom is vitally important to academic performance. It allows teachers to be more productive and it certainly helps students increase their comprehension.
It’s why we’re committed to producing high-quality, high-performance turning vanes with structural integrity for educational applications, including colleges and universities, k-12 schools and other educational facilities; dorms, student centers and performance centers.
Aero-Dyne turning vanes are proven to reduce noise within the HVAC systems. To better understand the quality construction of our turning vanes, click here to get your Free Sample.
Read more about how HVAC design can impact our schools.
- HVAC Design: Impact on Productivity and Learning at Goodway.com
- The Importance of Quiet Rooms and Room Acoustics in School Design by Kinetic Noise Control
- The Impact of School Buildings on Learning by Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Ambient Noise Levels and Reverberation Times in Mississippi Elementary School Rooms at Acoustics.org
Energy efficient turning vanes help contribute to the USGBC LEED rating system.
LEED for Schools – Achieve a maximum background noise level from heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in classrooms and other core learning spaces of 45 dBA (40 dBA if attempting IEQ Credit 9). Recommended methodologies and best practices for mechanical system noise control are described in Annex B of ANSI Standard S12.60-2002 and the 2007 HVAC Applications ASHRAE Handbook, Chapter 47 on Sound and Vibration Control.
How H-E-P Turning Vanes can help improve acoustical performance and room noise compliance
Laboratory test data (Report no. 48037 dated 9/5/87) proves H-E-P Turning Vanes and Rail have reduced sound power levels as compared to symmetrical vanes, single thickness vanes, and vanes with different center spacing. Lower sound power levels will result in lower sound pressure levels (dBA) for comparable installations.
Having lower sound pressure levels can help achieve the following LEED credits:
- LEED for Schools v9 IEQ Pre-Requisite 3 – Minimum Acoustical Performance
- LEED for Schools v9 IEQ Credit 9 – Enhanced Acoustical Performance
- LEED for Healthcare IEQ Credit 2 – Acoustical Environment